How much luggage can a private jet hold?
Will the plane be able to fly without a fuel stop?
Will there be enough room for my passengers?
If you’re looking to book a private jet for an upcoming flight, make sure you have the right airplane for the mission.
The answers to the above questions are sometimes overlooked in the booking process. One of the most common issues people overlook is how much baggage a private airplane can hold.
Make sure your selected airplane can accommodate your luggage requirements.
Unlike large commercial airlines that have very large cargo holds, there are limitations for most private jets as it relates to the amount of baggage they can hold and passengers they can accommodate. The weight of the passengers and luggage will also affect the performance of each aircraft differently. The amount of runway length they will need for takeoff and landing, as well as the range they can fly without refueling, will be affected. Knowing this information is crucial to making sure you get the right plane for the mission and have a great experience on your flight.
Manufacturers of private jets specify luggage capacity in terms of cubic feet. Aircraft operators and brokers will have access to these specifications. Make sure you ask for this information if you are not familiar with a particular aircraft’s capacity.
To get a better idea of the space available on our private jets, please remember the following:
- A large jet like the Gulfstream G550 has 226 cubic feet, which is about 1 ½ times the capacity of a Chevy Suburban if all of the seats are down.
- A super mid-size Cessna Citation Sovereign has 100 cubic feet – a little more than the space you’d have in that same Suburban with one row down.
- The mid-sized Embraer Phenom 300 has 74 cubic feet, or enough room for two sets of golf clubs, two very large suitcases, and three standard suitcases.
- The Hawker 400XP light jet has 46 cubic feet, which is the same amount of space you’d find in the Suburban if all of the seats are up.
- The Phenom 100, a very light jet, has a surprisingly large baggage capacity of up to 71 cubic feet with all of the baggage compartments being used — just a bit less space than the Suburban with one row of seats down.
Plan ahead and get the right plane for your mission by asking these often overlooked questions, and everyone will have a much better experience and a more comfortable ride.
Contact us before booking your flight to ensure that your aircraft will meet your luggage and travel requirements.
Contact us at +1.407.590.0502 or by email at email@example.com.
More Helpful Resources:
- Learn more about Dumont's Santos Jet Card Membership Program
- What is the Best Way To Fly Private?
- Why You Need To Book Your Holiday Travel Early This Year